About the course
The purpose of the Multi Crew Cooperation Instructor (MCCI) Course with Pilots ATO is to develop the skills an instructor will require to efficiently instruct student pilot sin a multi-crew environment and become proficient in MCC instruction in order that the instructed students can safely operate multi-pilot multi-engine aeroplanes under IFR.
- the minimum age is 18 years
- ICAO English Level 4 or higher
- Valid EASA CPL, MPL or ATPL in the appropriate aircraft category
- In the case of aeroplanes, airships and powered-lift aircraft, 1500 hours of flying experience as a pilot in multi-pilot operations
The course includes
- Theoretical knowledge instruction of 25 hours (Applicants holding or having held an FI, TRI, CRI, IRI or SFI certificate shall be fully credited towards the requirement)
- Technical training (it lasts for 2 to 8 hours depending on the applicant's experience)
- 3 hours of practical instruction, which may be flight instruction or MCC instruction on the relevant FNPT II/III MCC, FTD 2/3 or FFS, under the supervision of a TRI, SFI or MCCI nominated by the ATO for that purpose.